gluten- free coconut sugar cookies



First off, I will admit that for someone who prefers salty to sweet, I've been sharing an awful lot of dessert recipes on the blog. The savoury recipes are to come, worry not!!! But this one was too good to hold off on.

These cookies were so easy to make and were really delicious. I don't live in a gluten free home, but I have extended family members and friends that are gluten free or have Celiac disease, so broadening my dessert repertoire was a must! And these cookies were so good- a great recipe for gluten-eaters too if you ask me!


Hope you enjoy!

Servings: 38 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes 


Ingredients

3/4 cup coconut flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup sugar 
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 


Directions

1. Pre-heat oven at 375°F 

2.  In large bowl, stir together coconut flour, baking powder and salt

3. In separate bowl, beat butter and coconut oil together; add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs, almond milk and vanilla; beat until fully mixed. 

4. Add dry ingredients to wet mixture, beating until well combined. Batter should be thick. If not, add small amount(s) of coconut flour until it is thick. 

5. Scoop dough onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten out to desired thickness. 


6. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until edges start to brown. 

Note for icing: You can very well eat the cookies without icing, as the cookies are very flavourful as they are. However, I ended up melting about 1 tablespoon of butter in a saucepan and added 2 cups of chocolate chips, and used this to decorate the cookies. I then sprinkled sweetened coconut flakes on the icing, and it was the best. 


Happy Baking! 


For this Handmade Hangout post I linked up with Allison from A Glimpse Inside

Comments

Kenzie said…
I just checked your blog to find that you had posted 4 times this week - go girl! I remember you telling me how intimidated you were with this whole blogging thing but you are owning it! I've bookmarked this recipe to try soon, soon! I know these would be a big hit in my house! Let's collab soon (when you're settled in your semester, of course)! xo
Jess said…
Hey Kenzie! I am slowly getting the hang of it and have more and more ideas on posts! Thanks for all the encouragement!!! Let me know how the cookies go- and yes yes yes to the collab!

Popular Posts