truth and truth-adjacent

Last year, I read Amanda Bible William's and Raechel Myers' book, She Reads Truth. It was unbelievably powerful. With both authority and yet so much grace, the book reminded me of the permanence of God and His Truth. 

The other day, I opened it up again and fell on this passage that had strongly resonated with me when I first read it, and still does today. 


"Truth-adjacent is everywhere. Something may sound or even look a lot like truth. But Paul warned us then and we get to remind each other now: if we are hanging our hat on something that points us away from our need for Jesus, it is not true. Salvation because we're walking the line is gospel-adjacent. Salvation because we cannot do what Christ has done is gospel. Peace because we've stripped back our busyness, simplified our schedules and picked our yeses and nos carefully is truth-adjacent. Peace because God's Word is an anchor for our souls no matter how simple or messy our lives look is Truth. This. This is why we read Truth." 

I don't want to lose sight of God's freeing, grace-filled and mighty truth and become numb to the prevalence of truth-adjacents. I don't want anything other than Him to speak over me, my life and my identity. 

I am so thankful for the Bible. I am so thankful that God would love me so sweetly, in giving me a tangible and physical reminder of His Truths. 



Comments

Popular Posts