tout et rien

I completed three midterms in the past couple days and want to take a break before writing my next paper... As discussed here, it is really easy for me to get wrapped into the madness of evaluation season, but I am seeking a better life rhythm. After hours of studying, I'd like to think I owe my brain and body some rest!

I haven't done a "Tout et Rien" segment in ages. Here are some gems I found on the web, for you to enjoy. 

  • An informative article about the "me too" campaign that has been flooding social media in the past week. What I find so concerning is that we are just getting a glimpse into the prevalence of the problem. "Most women defined their own sexual harassment and assault in this way: as something unspoken, something private, something to be ashamed of acknowledging. Silence, although understandable, has its cost." 
  • My October Heart, a beautiful piece by Mari Andrews. Love.
  • The daily humiliations of obesity in France was both disturbing and heartbreaking to me.
  • The Ikea Dictionary, revealing the meaning of thousands of product names. Who knew my bed meant "to flap", and my desk was named after a village in the west of Sweden? So fun. 
Credit: Ikea 
  • This article makes a case for politicizing tragedy. I wrestle with this. On one hand, the grief and suffering of no family and community facing tragedy is aided by political debates. But I do think tragedies naturally will foster a desire to challenge the status quo.  "You actually can regulate evil, and the best time to do it is right after evil strikes."
  • The boy and I are reading Love that Lasts together right now. Jeff and Alyssa Bethke challenge our culture's misconceptions of marriage, love, dating, sex and paint a beautiful picture of God's intentions behind these themes. I so appreciate their vulnerability and humility, and their profound desire to exalt God's name and word through this book. 
  • No bake pumpkin cheesecake recipe? Um, hello. 
Credit: Magnolia
  • Whoa. Spiritual leadership in Christian dating, redefined. This really challenged me on my conceptions and understanding of what leadership is. 
  • I started This Is Us the other day on Netflix and cried at the end of the pilot. I think I'm already hooked. 
Have a beautiful weekend! xox

Comments

Popular Posts