i heart october

"I'm so glad to live in a world where there are Octobers." - Lucy Maud Montgomery 

I couldn't have said it any better. 


Fall is here, and I am so delighted. Can October possibly be my love language? Red, yellow and gold leaves, crisp breaths of air, pumpkins and apples, cozy sweaters. And did I mention Pumpkin Spice Lattes??? 


These are the best 31 days of the year (minus midterms, which would explain my lack of blogging in the past couple weeks, I'm so sorry). 


I was especially excited about October this year because the boy was coming for a visit from BC! 


He got here on October 3rd and left yesterday (melancholic sigh), but we really cherished our time together. We see each other about every three months so the smallest thing like meeting eyes across a room and walking hand in hand comes to be something we look forward to.  Though goodbyes are so difficult, I am truly thankful for the past week of doing life together. 




Here is a fun tag I found to celebrate the (belated) arrival of Fall. I gotta admit, I sometimes find these tags a little gimmicky, but here's to trying new things!


I took out some questions and added a couple. Enjoy! 

1. Favorite Fall scent

Charmed Aroma's Pumpkin Pancakes candle. The boy sent it to me a few weeks ago... Oh. My. Word- it smells heavenly. I have been using it every day for the past couple weeks. Also, there is bling at the bottom which is such a creative idea! 

2. Best way to spend a rainy day. 

With a cozy blanket, warm drink and a classic romance movie (preferably You've Got Mail). 

3. Favorite Fall drink.

Call me basic, but Pumpkin Spice Lattes all the way. 

4. Football, yay or nay? 

Nay. I wasn't raised in a very football-crazy culture... but hockey season is starting!!!

5. Favorite article of clothing this Fall. 

I went thrifting the other day and got a great tan Fall jacket... for twelve bucks! Score! 

6. Haunted house, haunted hay ride, or haunted corn maze? 

Haunted nothing, especially if clowns are involved. 

7. Favorite Thanksgiving food? 

I love stuffing. But also potatoes. And pumpkin pie. And turkey. You can't make me choose. 

8. Favorite candy to eat on Halloween? 

Chocolate. 

9. Favorite fall recipe. 

My mama's famous apple crisp! That's what I chose to make for the boy's birthday last week. You can never go wrong with apple crisp. 

10. What you're reading this Fall. 

Uninvited, by Lysa Terkeurst. It is filled with truth and has been such an encouragement to me so far. 

11. Your Fall tune. 

Autumn Leaves by Ed Sheeran. 

12. Your three favourite things about the Fall. 

Sweaters, tree colours and celebrating thankfulness. 

On that note, Happy Fall Y'all! 

Comments

Popular Posts