tout et rien

Hello, dear friends! Thank you kindly for stopping by.

If you're new to this corner of the web, "Tout et Rien", the French version of "just about anything" is a column on my blog where I share some links that I think readers will enjoy. I hope they please, inspire or move you as they did me!
  • How to style plants in small places. Click here
Credit: Advice from a 20 Something
  • My go-to music lately. To all you Indie/Folk/Alternative lovers, Vestiges and Claws by José González is an amazing album. 
  • I have been reading up on Hygge (pronounced hue-guh) lately, which is a Danish way life that involves seeking all that is cosy, charming, warm, special. Shouldn't we all live like this? And many Danish cookbooks capture that exact sentiment, like this rice porridge with cranberries and rose
Credit: The House that Lars Built
  • Any other fans of The Office?
  • I loved this essay on risks. "Every time we open up out of our familiar cocoon to contact a wider reality, to really touch aliveness more fully, we are taking the exquisite risk. … We are willing to let go of an old experience that gave us some measure of comfort, security or certainty and exchange it for what is unfamiliar and way more alive."
  • I love Christian allegories. Chronicles of NarniaThe Pilgrim's Progress, you name it. This beautiful, beautiful version of Hinds' Feet on High Places is next on my list. Have you read it? 


  • For all the church cynics. A great, convicting post by Jamie the Very Worst Missionary. And yes, I confess I am a cynic at times. "See, we love the Church...  but we also kind of love to hate the Church. This is our downfall."
  • I went to this restaurant for the first time last year, and love the ambience and their mission. Staff are mostly volunteers, and all profits are donated to urban organizations in Montreal. Isn't that so creative and awesome?
  • Mini bagel pizzas (involving sharp cheddar and walnut crumble. I'm in.) 
Credit: My name is Yeh 
  • Rachael DenHollander's full victim impact statement in the Larry Nassar case was so powerful. "I pray you experience the soul crushing weight of guilt so you may someday experience true repentance and true forgiveness from God, which you need far more than forgiveness from me -- though I extend that to you as well."
  • Just started this book by Shauna Niequist (the best!)
  • I have never embroidered, but my mom and sister have and this is certainly inspiring me to give it a try. 
Credit: Hoffelt & Hooper 


What have you been loving lately? I'd love to heard. 

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. 

Comments

victoria said…
OK I love those little bagels, and I cannot wait to read that Shauna Niequist book. Love everything she writes.
Jess said…
Aren't they so adorable?! And they don't look too difficult to make!!! Oh my gosh- the book is unbelievable. I cried!!!

Popular Posts