tout et rien

Yesterday was the first day of Fall (so excited). Unfortunately, it is 30 degrees out today (86 Fahrenheit), so I am unable to be in full-on Fall mode. Sigh. Hopefully, the next few days will cool down and we will be experience Montreal's beautiful Fall colours soon. 

This weekend, not much is going on which is fine by me. I have quite a bit of schoolwork to get done, so I'm on the lookout for a local coffee shop where I can get stuff done. 

Here are a few things I wanted to share: 
Credit: Apartment 34
  • I appreciated this article about "living a life less ordinary" so much. Why don't we all do this??When I simplified, I made room for the life I was meant to have. My life is free from the business of busy.
  • The perfect Fall boots
  • Love this fall wreath project. A great way to use up all your Fall harvest of Summer herbs! 
Credit: DIY Network
  • Something my dad and I have loved doing in my childhood and teen years is to read books together and go out for breakfast to talk about them. The other week, we started this book about an Iowan preacher in the 1950s. It has been so interesting! 
  • Disclaimer: political link. Thought-provoking article
  • I am looking around for birthday cakes for the boy (he is coming in 10 days!) and this pumpkin chocolate cake is a definite contender. Yum. 
Credit: Modest Marce
  • The danger of Instagram Bibles. Personally, I think there is something quite beautiful about celebrating God's Word through art and design, but I do agree it is all too easy to get swept up in the aesthetic rather than the powerful content. 
  • Yup. Fall is better than Summer
  • I will surely write more about this study of biblical hospitality. It was so powerful and filled with grace. We get so caught up in presentation- but hospitality really is a matter of the heart. I love this chart below. 
Credit: She Reads Truth

I hope you enjoyed. Have a beautiful weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts