tout et rien

Hello friends!

I was in BC for a week visiting the boy for the Easter holiday. It was soooo good to be back together, and we made the absolute most of our time. Now, finals season is upon us- so please excuse my lack of blogging in the next few days! I am counting down the days until the schoolyear is over... because I will be heading to France and Belgium to visit my sweet sister! Can you believe I haven't seen her since this?! 

I haven't done a tout et rien segment post in the longest time, but have so many articles and links I have been saving that I want to share with you today. I have been feeling very spring-inspired lately (even though the weather in Montreal is not cooperating with me) and thought I would share some color and light here today! So, without further ado, here are some parts of the web I think you just might enjoy. 
Credit: Good Housekeeping
  • Enjoyed these 20 truths from Karl Vater's book, Small Church Essentials
  • Oh how I love the Brits.
  • This article by Sarah Bessey highlighted why I love my work for a child, youth, vulnerable person protection organization- and the hope I have in the work of shalom. 
  • Apple is potentially creating inclusive emojis
Credit: Apartment Therapy
  • I have been reading this book about a woman who vowed to take all the Bible's instructions about womanhood literally for a year. I won't get into my view of hermeneutics here, but it truly is an interesting, challenging (and hilarious!) read. 
  • I made this salmon tartare recipe the other night with a few adaptations, and it was unbelievable! I'll share my version in upcoming weeks. 
Credit: Epicurious
  • A defense for auto-tune- an article I read for one of my classes. I found this perspective fascinating! "It pries singing free from the tyranny of talent and its proscriptive aesthetics.  It undermines the authority of the arbiters of talent and lets anyone potentially take part in public musical vocal expression."  
  • Love this color wheel of humanity
  • I would 100% want to go for coffee with this human
  • I've never tried ginger in a smoothie- but this gingery mango berry smoothie looks amazing. 
Credit: Minimalist Baker
  • I finished Marilynne Robinson's Gilead a few weeks ago and loved it. I generally navigate toward non-fiction, but this article may have convinced me about the importance of reading fiction.
  • Quirkiest, most genius American Idol audition ever. Not to mention- an amazing song!
Have a beautiful day everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts