watermelon basil summer salad

So it turns out that, despite my pleas and anticipation, Montreal didn't feel ready to bring on the Fall quite yet- and I'm going to have to wait on pumpkin spice desserts and squash soups. Until then, I'll make the most of a few more refreshing Summer recipes. This easy salad recipe was a perfect one for an Indian Summer day. Sweet and savory, fresh and tangy- I loved it. I think it would be the perfect contribution to an outdoor BBQ or picnic!

I read that cilantro and mint are a good addition to this dish. I didn't have those ingredients when I made it, but I'll have to try it for next time!


Ingredients: 

1/2 chilled seedless watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 small red onion, sliced
3/4 cup fresh basic leaves, sliced
1/2 cup lime juice (1 lime, juiced)
4.5 ounces of crumbled feta cheese
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar
Ground pepper, to taste

Directions: 

1. Chop up ingredients
2. Toss above ingredients in a large bowl
3. Enjoy!


How easy is that?! Let me know what recipes you're enjoying as the Summer heat drags on!

Comments

Popular Posts