frozen mochaccino cheesecake

A while back, the boy and I were chatting about our favourite desserts (our conversations are always super philosophical, can you tell?) and he told me his mom made the best frozen mocchaccino cheesecake. 
When I visited him this Summer, I tasted this famous cheesecake and could not believe my taste buds. I begged his mom to send me the recipe and made it for my family and a group of friends that came over. 
It was a success! Everyone really loved this dessert (even the non-coffee drinkers like me!). I would say this is the perfect way to end an evening with company. It's rich, it's no-bake, it's refreshing, it's chocolate with coffee, it's a gift from heaven above. 
Hope you enjoy this recipe!
Credit: Eating Well 
Serves: 10-15 people 

Ingredients

Crust:
1 1/2 cups of chocolate wafer crumbs or crushed Oreo cookies 
2 tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup of butter or margarine, melted

Filling: 
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 can (14 ounces) condensed milk, sweetened
2/3 cup chocolate syrup
1 tablespoon instant coffee granules (or 1-2 tablespoons of instant coffee)
1 teaspoon hot water
1 cup whipped cream 

Directions 

Crust:
Combine crust ingrediens
Press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan
Set aside. 

Filling: 
Beat cream cheese in large mixing bowl until smooth
Gradually add milk and syrup
Dissolve coffee in water; add to bowl
Fold in whipped cream
Pour into crust

Freeze at least 6 hours. 

Serving idea: Raspberries were a great touch and combined wonderfully with the cake. 
The end result! I wish I had taken a nice picture! 

Comments

Popular Posts