we love soup!

I suppose this is a bit of an unusually silly post here, but I thought I would share some of our favorite soup recipes of the past few months! 

I have come to the conclusion that there are two types of people in the world: those who consider soup to be a full meal, and those who do not. In this home, we firmly belong to the former category. Soup is a staple in my kitchen in these cold winter months. 

These late December days have introduced the most enchanting of winter scenes, with a thick blanket of snow covering our neighborhood and the sun casting a golden glow on sugar-coated mountains. But to be clear, a long stretch of October, November and most of December was quite rainy and bleak in our neck of the woods. And I would argue little comforts someone on a gloomy day like a warm pot of soup. Wouldn't you agree? 

I tend to make heartier soups so they sustain us a bit more, but there's quite a variety listed below. I fear I might have gone overboard with the amount of soups I've made in recent months, but on second thought I don't think that's possible. 



Here goes it!

1. Crockpot Chicken Gnocchi Soup by Pinch of Yum

2. Zuppa Toscana by Creme de la Crumb (Olive Garden original)

3. Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup by Damn Delicious (I quite like adding prawns alongside chicken in this one - and be generous with the lime!)

4. Tortellini Vegetable Soup by Half Baked Harvest 

5. Thai Curried Butternut Squash Soup by Cookie + Kate (I strongly recommend adding carrots!)

6. Easy Chicken Noodle Soup by Averie Cooks (perfect for a sick day, I might add)

7. Autumn Butternut Squash Soup by Magnolia Table (I tend to add a lot of spices as it can be a bit bland-curry, nutmeg, ginger, etc. and I love serving it with cheddar apple scones... preferably with apple butter!)

8. Creamy Potato Apple Brie Soup by Peas and Crayons

In coming weeks I'm hoping to make the following recipes:  

While I'm at it, I thought I'd share this sweet, quirky video from Regent College on a theology of soup. I came across it a couple years ago and I love this idea of soup as a metaphor for community. "Soup is something where everyone is joined together as community automatically, by default, by the fact that you're eating a soup out of the same pot." Isn't that lovely?! 

Happy cooking, friends! 




Comments

Popular Posts