tout et rien

I like this month of January- with its promise of snow, the everpresent comfort of warm coffee and thick socks, and the glory of slow mornings and winter light. In past years I have dreaded this month, its bitter cold and lack of revelry. This year (miraculously) I have enjoyed the crisp gusts and flurries, and contemplated the beauty of its forecast, faces aglow and fresh starts. 

Here are some little things ("everything and nothing") collected in weeks past, that have inspired or fascinated me in these January days- made me beam or shed a tear, led me to close my eyes in gratitude or reverence. May they do the same to you. 
Credit: Apartment Therapy
  • An incredible book for those wondering how to live the incarnate life in the suburbs. 
  • As many of you know, I have developed a love affair with Gilmore Girls in recent months- and have especially taken to Rory and how much of a bookworm she is. I was so delighted when I was introduced to this list of all the books she is seen reading throughout the series. It would be a dream to get through all of those books in my lifetime! 
  • I have loved following this graphic designer on Instagram for years now. Her Chicago home is what dreams are made of. 


Credit: Cup of Jo
  • The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows mesmerizes me- it creates and defines neologisms alluding to emotional states that do not (yet) have a term. Many, many of them are profoundly relatable. 
  • Eyeing this movie for my next evening in. 
  • This muffin recipe was wonderful. 
Credit: Pinterest, Cassidy Compton 
  • My mind is full of memories of Paris lately. I loved this sweet travel guide, an ode to one of the most beautiful cities in the world. 
  • Despite my feminist sensibilities, I am not of the opinion that choosing to forego a paid profession to stay home and raise children constitutes "backwater." But this was a fascinating (comical, perplexing) anthropological piece on the somewhat retrograde conditions of glamorous stay-at-home moms in the Upper East Side. 
  • This is heartbreaking
  • My sister has recently gotten a subscription to The New Yorker- a joy to read. I love perusing the archives of its covers. 
Credit: The New Yorker
  • A witty, helpful video tool to get to know the 66 books of the Bible. 
  • I love Emily P. Freeman's blog and podcast about soulful living and overcoming decision fatigue. I will positively devour her book, The Next Right Thing
  • To those with a certain interest in British royalty: have you ever heard of Operation London Bridge? Fascinating. 
  • I just love this vintage plaid dress. To be determined: whether I would be able to muster up the courage to wear this style myself. 
Credit: Madewell
I hope these links may have sparked inspiration in you today. 
Have a beautiful rest to your week, dear friends!

Comments

Popular Posts