tout et rien

Happy Tuesday, friends! 

For those of you who are new around here, "tout et rien" is a French expression which translates "everything and nothing." The saying is often used to describe a conversation in which the interlocutors chat about everything under the sun, whether meaningful or somewhat futile. Tout et rien is the title to a series on this blog in which I share links to pictures, books, posts, videos or articles I have been finding interesting or inspiring lately. A smorgasbord, of sorts. Some of the links I share are indeed a bit silly and trivial, while others provide good opportunities to reflect. 


I hope you enjoy the ones below. 

  • So proud of my sister who created and officially launched this beautiful website for our church!
  • Music of choice lately (...and Christmas music, I confess, but I won't disclose any further information on the blog quite yet)
  • Love, love, love this anorak coat. I want to get it so badly- but at this point, I would only have a couple weeks to wear it before winter jackets are out!  

  • This piece, read for a class, discusses the call-and-response dynamic between popular feminism and popular misogyny: "the wide circulation of popular feminism also means that there is another popularity that we need to contend with"
  • How gorgeous is this bedroom?!


Credit: Little Green Notebook
Credit: TripSavy
  • Really enjoyed this beautiful movie this week. 
  • Poignant article about the secretive culture in an American-Muslim family.  "A part of me is afraid to disappoint and disillusion them, but now knowing of my dad’s secrets, I wonder if I even care about their finding out about mine anymore."
  • Better believe I will be trying these pastrami egg rolls when school calms down and this no-meat month is over!
Credit: My Name is Yeh
Credit: Gardenista
  • Officially finished The Office last week (cried like a baby). Read about hilarious, real-life Michael Scotts here
  • Reconsidering Operation Christmas Box. I have had issues with this type of aid for a type now, and this article offers good insight. 
  • I was so moved to see two anti-rape activists were granted a Nobel Peace Prize last month. 
Hopefully, some of these links bring some color on this grey November day! 
Have a beautiful day!

Comments

Kenzie said…
I think I've told you before, but your 'tout et rien' posts are my all time favorite! It's like a little look into all of the cool things you're doing - I love it! You are totally crushing this whole blogging thing! Let's catch up soon :)
Jess said…
How sweet of you Kenzie! You Friday Favorites are the same for me- love that we have this blogging thing in common! Yes, we are SO due for a crafting day soon xox

Popular Posts