attempt at blogging #3

I have started a blog before. Twice, actually. And I deleted these blogs a couple days after publishing my first post.

Blogging has always interested me: I love the idea of capturing thoughts and sharing them to whoever is willing to read them (not that I expect anyone to be reading this).

But I guess I fear the vulnerability entailed in blogging, having nothing interesting to write about, getting negative feedback, letting it fizzle out.

I also feel like I don't quite fit the profile of a blogger. Let's be real here. I feel like the word 'blogger' has connotations. When I think of a blogger, I imagine a young woman sitting in her favorite coffee shop with oversized eyeglasses and a leather jacket, sipping a caramel macchiato (perhaps with sugar-free syrup if she's feeling particularly wild). She loves yoga and her cat, and she majored in social media marketing or design.

I'm just Jess.

I'm somewhat intimidated by the woman described above. I don't know much about fashion or coffee or social media, but as Julie Powell/Amy Adams claimed in Julie & Julia: "I could write a blog. I have thoughts."

So, for the sake of vulnerability, for the sake of not making decisions out of fear, for the sake of writing because I have thoughts... I'm doing it. I'm starting a blog AND I WON'T DELETE IT.

After all, they say third time's a charm.



Comments

You have GREAT thought !!!
Jess said…
Why thanks!!! xox

Popular Posts