tout et rien

November is upon us, and we are ambling through our days in awe of falling leaves and crisp mornings. Days upon days of gloomy rain beckon us to stay inside with homecooked goods, books, old jazz and cups of tea. We are delighting in home in this season, after the busy months of summer. What a gift!

I haven't rounded up my favorite things on the blog in a while now. I love this series, tout et rien, and view it as a sweet opportunity to share some of the things inspiring, troubling, thrilling, moving me. I hope you enjoy reading it!
  • We have been loving A Beginner's Mind, the new Sufjan Stevens album.
  • I watched the movie Stepmom a couple weeks ago and was utterly charmed by the house... and just look at it with autumnal and wintry backdrops! So cozy!
  • The cornbread recipe in this Fraiche Living cookbook is my absolute favorite. It's perfect with a warm bowl of homemade chili! 
  • Lover of flowers (fresh and dried) as I am, I'd really love to make a craft like this one for our bedroom.

Credit: Pinterest

  • This was a really, really powerful movie
  • Why hello there house of dreams, courtesy of the wonderful Adele. The rugs, the fireplace, the windows... swoon! 
  • A friend of mine recently sported this beautiful Gaspard jumper from Sezane, and I might just have to add it to my Christmas wish list! I especially love it in camel and sage colors. 
Credit: Sezane

  • Food for thought... an article on the implications of using Black Vernacular English as a non-black person. "When non-Black people use BVE, it feeds into a culture of appropriation, a culture that continues to take from Black people."
  • My husband has, since his boyhood, loved Harry Potter. For his birthday this year, I started him on this beautiful collection of illustrated books! They are delightful. 
  • Made these apple cheddar scones (Smitten Kitchen) and this Instant Pot apple butter (My Baking Addiction) and it was a most delightful, seasonal snack. 

Credit: Smitten Kitchen

  • An article on the need for the Church in the climate change movement. "It's very easy for politicians to negotiate with each other and make some decisions, but [...] I think one of the great strengths that we have as Christians is we have the compassion to be able to hear from the least of the least and be able to bring that voice to the table."
  • I recently started this book, Just Mercy. It's a searing, important read. 
  • Why it takes 30 years to buy a house in Canada. Yikes. 
  • Oh to travel again! I would love to visit the Kilns, the home of C.S Lewis. 
  • What I would do to have a green kitchen like this first one... 


That's all for today. Tell me, what are you loving lately? 

Comments

Popular Posts